Meet UKZN's New Enactus Exco
The 2018/19 executive committee of UKZN’s Enactus team was appointed recently.
Enactus is the world’s largest experiential learning platform dedicated to creating a better world while developing the next generation of entrepreneurial leaders and social innovators. The Enactus network is made of students, academic leaders and business leaders who use entrepreneurship as a tool to empower communities.
Members of the new Enactus UKZN executive are:
• Siphesihle Sekeleni - Executive President
• Cecil Luthuli - General Secretary
• Siphephelo Mdluli - Head of Finance
• Muhle Ndwalane - Head of Publicity and Marketing
• Hlengiwe Mabaso - Head of Research and Development
• Mpendulo Mbambo - Deputy President: Edgewood Campus
• Lusanda Sokhela - Deputy President: Howard College Campus
• Nolwazi Mbuyazi - Deputy President: Pietermaritzburg Campus
• Nomqhele JD Dube - Deputy President: Westville Campus
Exco members, whose term of office expires on 31 August next year, attended an intensive two-day executive leadership training workshop, hosted by Enactus South Africa, sponsored by Harmony Gold, Rich’s and Pick ’n Pay.
Since the UKZN team relaunched last year it has made significant progress and crafted a Vision 2021 Strategic approach which promotes a forward-thinking mindset within the team. The current leadership is fully committed on taking the team forward.
You can like and follow Enactus on social media: Facebook: Enactus-UKZN | Twitter: @EnactusUKZN | Instagram: @enactusukzn
* The Enactus programme operates in 36 countries at more than 1 730 universities with over 72 000 active students, dedicating 7.3 million hours and impacting over 1.3 million people each year.
Words: Muhle Ndwalane